Battle of the Video Cards!

killzoneman0

In Runtime
Is it better to use ati's new crossfire video cards? or nvidia's sli? if i were going to get an abit fatal1ty board, will any of the boards below be the same quality or better quality or worse quality? Which cpu's are better for the future, the fx series or the x2 series? Finally, which to get, the 2 new 7800 gtx or a pair of new ati crossfire vid cards? (if crossfire, which one do i get?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=22&Submit=Property

Well, considering how crossfire really isn't out and ati hasn't even released their answer to the 7800gtx, I'll say sli anyday. The benchmark's speak for themselves.

irish said:
Personally, for gaming, Nvidia is the only card.

considering that the equivalent of ati's 7800 gtx is their r520, and their also going to make an r580, meaning most likely better then the 520, meaning better then the 7800gtx, meaning as of right now nvidia has a lead in the top of the line card, but not for long. It bounces back and forth. If your not buying a top of the line card, its really prefference.

jac006 said:
Well, considering how crossfire really isn't out and ati hasn't even released their answer to the 7800gtx, I'll say sli anyday. The benchmark's speak for themselves.

crossfire is out, they have the cards and mobos for sale.

I'd go with Crossfire. I've seen some far out images produced from Crossfire and some from SLI, and I can definetly say that a pair of X850XTs would wipe out any pair of 7800GTXs. And no I'm not a 'fan' boy. I just go with whichever seems to over more performance.

I saw benches of the Crossfire and SLI from anandtech, and after seeing them, I think SLI is better. But we also need to wait for ATI to release their new card.

Back
Top Bottom