Epson R200 Installation Problems

BumblesCrew

Solid State Member
Hi!

Iv had this printer for a few weeks now and im at my wits end trying to get it installed.

I have contacted Epson but they just sent me the latest driver but it did`nt help.I install the latest driver & then connect the printer. The PC then detects the printer and brings up the installation wizard and prompts me to insert the disc that came with the printer & i do so. It scans the CD for about 10 - 15 secs as if its installing the software and then comes up with the following error everytime

"An error occurred during the installation of the device"

"The required section was not found in the INF"

The system im running is as follows

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

AMD Athlon XP 2000+

1.67GHz 256 Of Ram

Could someone please help me out as i don`t know what else to do as Eposn can`t help me & this is my first printer so im no expert myself.

Any help atall would be much appreicated.

Cheers!

Ricky.

if you go to start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, are there any yellow exclamation marks showing?
woz

Hi!

Thanks a million for your reply.

No there are`nt any yellow exclamation marks showing. I know the one`s you mean i seen them before when i was having trouble intalling my Broadband modem.

When i run the driver setup that Epson sent me when i get to the point in the installation where it searchs for the printer to set the port it can never find it so i just bypass that bit and continue on. Then i plug in the printer and follow what the wizard says and put the installer CD that came with the printer in and get the error that i mentioned in the first post.

it sounds like there are a few usb issues with this printer! did you read through this item yet?
it may be what is causing the problem.
How do I resolve USB issues with VIA / VIATECH controllers?

FileID: KB020090EN

Listed below are various solutions to cure USB connectivity issues with the mentioned USB controller.

Recommended BIOS setup (Call PC vendor for support):

Power Management - Disabled
Plug and Play Operating System - Enabled (Disabling Plug and Play OS can cause errors in Windows IRQ Steering). Some systems may perform better with this option Disabled. Try both if you are having IRQ problems.
IRQ's Assigned - Auto or Operating System
USB Keyboard - DOS or BIOS
Write Pipeline Cache (FIC Motherboards and others) - Disabled
System Bios Cacheable - Disabled
Chip Performance Speed - Normal

Windows 98 SE: If your PC has an AMD processor faster than 350 MHz or a VIA Host controller installed this may cause the USB device to not enumerate. Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base document Q240075 for full details and to download the patch: http://www.microsoft.com

Enable "Disable USB Error Detection" in Device Manger: Right Click on My Computer and select Properties. Now click the device manager tab. Expand (Click +) the Universal Serial Bus controllers and this will now display your Chipset. Right click your controller and select properties and you will find the check box for "Disable USB Error Detection" in the advanced tab.

Windows 2000: If the computer hangs when devices are connected or Windows Plug and Play doesnt work you will need to check the following:
Consult these 2 documents from the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Q246755 and Q233163.
VIA technologies chipsets later than REV 05 are not supported by Windows 2000.

More information and solutions can be found at the following Links:
http://www.viaarena.com
http://www.usbman.com
http://www.usb.org
If you cannot find a solution within the resources supplied a Hardware solution is available. Installing a PCI/USB Card will provide a workaround if your USB Host Controllers are not functioning correctly.

Hi mate!

I tried what you said but i still get the same message

"An error occurred during the installation of the device"

"The required section was not found in the INF"

:(

Hi mate!

Thanks alot for all your help but the first link makes no sense to me & the seconds one i found on the net myself before and tried it but it made no difference.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Ricky

that first link tels you to save your driver files to the REPOSITORY directory. give it a go it might do the trick.
woz

Back
Top Bottom