AMD lawsuit against intel

i beleive theirs been a couple:

monopolizing the industry using unfair and unethical business tactics, this is an antitrust lawsuit:
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/chips/0,39020354,39206451,00.htm

more articles about the same lawsuit:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/07/04/27OPeditor_1.html
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121660,00.asp

INTEL has faced a similar case in 2000, in which they were accused of illegal business tactics in japan, intel completly denied the allogations, yet agreed to refrain from certain business tactics, so if they did refrain from doing anything illegal, why did they comrpomise some of their business tactics? That could've been a way to please the prosecutors, and avoid further investigation and getting caught. Keyword could be, as in the words of Erich Maria Remarque, "this is nor an acquisation nor a confession." Basically AMD is sayign that intel is paying off and threatening companies that if they use amd chips, or if they use too many amd chips, then intel will not deal with them. Such a threat to do so would bring even the biggest companies like dell, gateway, and hp to their knees. AMD also said that intel gave higher up's in computer companies such as dell, gateway, and hp pay-off's/bribes to use only their chips or majority intel chips. This would be in direct violation of anti-monopoly and anti-trust laws.

I've noticed most poeple who know somthing about procesors stick with AMD, poeple my friend who admittly deciated to buying a dell are intel. He is not longer intel, nor della fter I showed him several benchmarks, and showed him the prices of DIY, and dell. He is ordering hte parts soon.

tommyboy:
the chances of amd winning the lawsuit givien the current situation (is the trial were to begin right now, i beleive it begins sometime mid next year), amd would most likely not win. They have made some serious acquisations, only backed up by the fact a smaller company made somehwat similar acquisations, which they could try to use that, but Intel setteld that by paying them off/a settlement (in Japan i think). Unless AMD has some super secret dirt on

Nik00117:
To be honest i dont think it has so much to do with peformance, as it does with bang for your buck, which AMD offers more of. Also AMD has the best processor out right now, so that makes me like them too, although im pissed i could never afford it :D

well, I'm sure AMD has something up their sleeves, if they are filing a lawsuit as serious as this, they are going to do everything they can to make sure they win.
who'd have ever thought anyone would win a lawsuit against Microsoft? but it happened.

Tommy Boy said:
well, I'm sure AMD has something up their sleeves, if they are filing a lawsuit as serious as this, they are going to do everything they can to make sure they win.
who'd have ever thought anyone would win a lawsuit against Microsoft? but it happened.

$10 says AMD comes out, and in a suprise move buys intel, and tells no one, then at the court hearing yells, "SUPRISE! WE OWN INTEL!" I bet thats what their up too....

Those sly foxes...

Back
Top Bottom