fan trouble

Re: omg fan trouble

Hey TRD Corolla has a point.

If you put your hand on it, you should be able to to tell if its blowing out or in. If its blowing onto the processor (wrong), then you won't feel much, except a faint backdraft, yet the right way, you'll feel a bit more air.

um,...well mine is sucking air down onto the heatsink.

this is my case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811138041

and no i built this sytem the only things that came together were the ehatsink ram and mobo they were assembled but notihng else was

do u need any more specs?

i got 100 programs that will gimme my system.

o ya my chipset fan was acting up today. i put my finger in there and tehn i let go and now it is good. could this chipset fan be a BIOS problem?

i dont have the most updated BIOS u know...and it souns scary to replace them like in dos....i could do it if it dwas in windows but i wont do it in dos

That sounds about right. I would put the side panel back on with a fan blowing "in". Install 2 fans in the back blowing "out". That's it. I remember the CPU fan from a previous pict and I would get rid of that system fan that's on it. Get a new heatsink/fan combo. Clean off the surface of the CPU from previous thermal compound and apply new Artic Silver. Then mount the new heatsink/fan onto it.

If you get the Zalman CPU cooler, it may blow out because of the way the heatsink is designed, but I'm not 100% sure on that since I never used one before, but a majority of the fans usually do push air onto the CPU.

Cpu fan blows in on my system and it stays cold.
I looked at the case pics and you have two fan holes in the back and two in the front. I would put at least one in the front sucking air into the case and both fans in the back blowing out the back. You will have to drop the nose piece off the front to get the screws in to hold the front fan. Be careful not to yank the wires out and not to lose the nose piece screws. A large desk or work on the floor when you do this. And turn the system completely off. The other fan hole in the front if you don't park a fan in it needs to be taped closed.

My CPU fan blows outwards... I thought that was the normal way.

I'd try switching this ACDC ROX. You might find an improvement.

alright i am gonna keep the cpu fan good like blowing on the heatsink and i will install the new 2 $4.50 ($9 totoal kinda expensive) in the back blowing out....but i can get those gay-o grates out of there. how would one do that?

and i will not get a new heatsink

and i will put one on the side blowing in. and i might put one in the front but why would i have to tape up the other hole

Tin snips or wire cutters. From the way it looks so flimsey I'd bet you could gut out the strips with sissors. Just be careful you don't hurt your self. If you don't tape up the unused hole then you're just as well off not putting a fan in the front at all.

um ok

i dont think i got wire cutters and what are tin snips

and scissors might work but i like cant get them in to cut. ya know

Back
Top Bottom