What do you think about Opera?

iamroot said:
I've used Opera for a while and I feel that Firefox is still better. Opera might be abit faster but Firefox is easier to use for newbies. The Opera interface isn't very easy to use.

Cuz i'm not a newbie! And the Wand which remembers the passwords along with the username is also useful tool, Overall I'm liking Opera, but that doesn't mean i hate Firefox! :)

Yeah, but I guess I was just so used to firefox and still am, so it's akward..

It's pretty nice. I like the taskbar, it's much more compact than Firefox's. I also like the feature where you can fill in your own info so that whenever you type in your name or address, it automatically shows you if you're typing your name or address. Pretty handy. I'm kinda used to Firefox though, and Firefox's expansions & themes win me over. :) Overall, it's pretty good and you have to give them some credit for making a great Internet Explorer alternative.

i quite like it i think im gona stick with it for a while to get used to it i wouldnt say its faster than firefox (once uve tweaked it) but at least its better than IE but what isnt :p

Tommy Boy said:
firefox is open source software...and everyone knows that open source software is the best.

I would agree with that overall but it may not apply to everything out there, open source software means that a patch for the very few bugs are released almost within the week, if not a day, it is made for the people by the people ... that way, what we want, is already there or in progress :)
As for Opera, it is taking a while to get used to, the GUI is not much difference although the customisation is abit different ... it still looks pretty good, modern and with a touch of sci-fi in it

FIrefox just works for me again. Opera has some better features, now that I've explored it, but I love the skins that I have for firefox so yeah... also thunderbird matches the skin so organiztion...yesh.

i hate when people brign up speed of browsers. No browser is really faster then another. Maybe you'll shave a few thousandths of a seconds off, but their really is no faster browser. IE is not faster then FF, FF is not faster then Opera, and Opera is not faster then any of them. If you switch to any browser for a speed improvement your in for a big, giant dissapointment. Meh tried opera, don't see any reason to switch from something i'm already use to. I'll stick with FF. Just dont see any reason to switch.

Back
Top Bottom