fan trouble

Re: omg fan trouble

Exaust blower is just basically making the aair blow out of teh case rather than in.

That seems kewl lol, going over the top like that. Well, it should cool things down :p

Fans usually come with screws, or at least mine did. and I agree......you need some exhaust in that case, and cut out those vents in the back, they will kill the airflow.

this thread reminds me that I need to clean up the inside of my case to get better airflow.

I might do to tell the truth. You know all the power cables with molex connectors? Well I have a few of them just floating inside the case, so that could be blocking the big 120mm fan from getting air through. Looks a bit of a mess.

Good luck with the fans ACDC ROX

Kage said:
I might do to tell the truth. You know all the power cables with molex connectors? Well I have a few of them just floating inside the case, so that could be blocking the big 120mm fan from getting air through. Looks a bit of a mess.

Good luck with the fans ACDC ROX

yeah, just get yourself some wire ties and clean up the wiring a little. thats what I'm going to do, I have a whole bag of them. I might consider getting some round ide cables too.

Yeah, it looks like to clean mine though, I'll have to dissconnect wires anmd start over, as they're all together :p Terrible lol.... I just wanted to get it started so didn't really bother about cabling when I built it.
Still runs rather cool though, and the side panel has broke...hehe

well for me, thats what I have to do also, disconnect all the wires because I have a lot of wires, I have fan controllers that I can controll 6 of my 7 fans in my case, that adds to the wiring, my heatsink has more wires than normal, (thermaltake volcano 12) as well as a molex connector.

Ya right…well the store…they are not open on Mondays

Well I removed those two fans and the temps went down. The hdd went down alt but not so much with the cpu

Alright…what if this place doesn't have fans?

I mean the only other options I have is to find someone with cash on delivery. But then I cant have it delivered to my house cuz my dad will probaly see.

and i will have to pay shipping.

so i like need to go to a store.

but i dont have any exept this one and radioshack which has nothing.

and i have a staples whic has like one fan but is like $7 for one fan...

anyone got any suggestions how tdo get this fan
?

i can get it installed but i need to get it first

a ha!!!! i now think that the sound is from the chipset fan

note i only have a fan no heatsink...just a fan and i have a abit kv7 mobo

if that helps anything...wellthe sound was wen i just booted but now it is gone.

my computer i think is just messing with me

ROX did the system come that way and if it did what's the brand name and model. If it was built for your mom was is the name of the case. It would help a lot if I could look up the case.

Your systems still too hot. I was just looking at my mom's Athlon XP system that I built before (there was a problem with mouse). I noticed that I had the top and side fan installed wrong so I reversed them. Now instead of the CPU running around 55 degrees, it's now running a cool 37-38 degrees celsius. Huge drop in temp. Both measurements were taken at night with average room temperatures. What direction is the air blowing on the CPU?

Back
Top Bottom