How much do you tihnk this machines worth?

EEJ

Beta member
AMD64 3000+
ASUS A8V-E Deluxe w/WiFi, Gigabit Lan, Firewire, PCI-E, Audio.
512MB DDR RAM
200GB HD
16x DVD+/-RW LG
1.44 FDD SONY
PCI-E 256MB GDDR3 Video Card (N6600)
18" Tower Case w/Front USB & Power Supply
15" LCD Monitor
Logitech Internet Pro Keyboard & Mouse

I've been asking this guy to build a comp for me, just don't know if he's giving me a fair deal or what.

Tommy Boy said:
I dunno.....650-700 bucks would be my guess. it's a pretty decent computer.

That's quite close. I'm building a pc for a friend. It's quite identical to that one and costs 1000€, but the difference in price comes from parts being more expensive in here. So $700 is quite close.

I'll have to check sometime what I can build that for off newegg, unless someone else wants to.

Hmmm crap he's asking for $1100 But I live in canda so I wonder if that would make the differance, and you think the video card could play alot of the upcoming games?
So you'd say this comps like a 8/10?

Hmmm I would charge $800 USD. Mainly because it has the PCI-E slots, which is newer and more expensive. Not to mention that AMD Athelon 64 CPU, that's like 150-200 bucks on NewEgg.

I would definetly say between 700 and 800 bucks.

My suggestion though is that if you're willing to spend 800 bucks, buy all the parts that YOU want.

Here's a list though of the parts you asked for...

ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe $90
AMD Athelon 64 3000+ CPU $146
Kingston 512MB DDR PC2700 RAM $42.99
Western Digital Caviar 200GB HDD $99
Sapphire Limited X800 PCI-E 256MB 256Bit $159
15' LCD monitor $159.99

I think that is the general specs. Add them together and we get...

$696.98 w/o shipping. So I was quite close to my $700 benchmark!

well i did a quick coversion to what it would cost in the uk. it worked out to $1055, so thats pretty close. and you aint got a price for you o/s in there have you?
now i did not go for the cheapest sites, i just went to one site for the prices, so it could come down a bit.
woz

I went to NewEgg to get some price figures. I think that that would be your general cost if you want a good computer capable of running anything on the market right now. So I think that's a good price. Considering $700 USD is about what my computer cost, although I didn't pay for it, uncle did, I just had to work my arse off for him to pay it off!!!

Back
Top Bottom