One 7800gtx or 2?

Osak said:
Yep im gonna go with one, well i dont want to start anouther thread so ill ask here. Is there going to be a new socket type coming out soon? right now i have a 939 socket but iv been hearing people say that a new one is in Develpment, this true?

Don't remember the name of it, something like M2 or something. It's for amd, supports ddr2 and prolly some other cool stuff too.

ya it is called M2 well thats what ive read on this forum somewhere i havent looked into it but its supposed to have over 1000 pins and ddr2 memory so its gona be pretty sweet

SLI itself is a waste of money. In my opinion, it's just for bragging rights so that you can show all your friends how powerful your system is.

How many games acutally support SLI? None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

TRDCorolla said:
A single 7800GTX is so fast, faster than dual 6800GTs. I would say that it's a safe bet you'll be just fine.

I wouldn't say that. Dual 6800gt's still run really fast, and add up to more pipelines than the 24 pipeline 7800gtx, versus the 32 from dual 6800gt's. Of course, you'll still be close, but dual 6800gt's is marginally better than one 7800gtx. But the 7800gtx still pwns everything non-sli. And with two 7800gtx's, haha. A waste of $$$. Unless you were a graphic designer or soemthing like that... haha... unless your eye was so good that you actually tell the difference between 10-20 fps, ahaha... I wouldn't bother with dual cards. Get the single.

jac006 said:
I wouldn't say that. Dual 6800gt's still run really fast, and add up to more pipelines than the 24 pipeline 7800gtx, versus the 32 from dual 6800gt's. Of course, you'll still be close, but dual 6800gt's is marginally better than one 7800gtx. But the 7800gtx still pwns everything non-sli. And with two 7800gtx's, haha. A waste of $$$. Unless you were a graphic designer or soemthing like that... haha... unless your eye was so good that you actually tell the difference between 10-20 fps, ahaha... I wouldn't bother with dual cards. Get the single.

Actually, a single 7800 GTX is more powerful or on par with two 6800 Ultras in SLI mode. Even the editors of CPU magazine agree. :)

I would like to see that. From my understanding, two 6800ultra's have more pipelines (32 as opposed to 24) and have more memory, and the core and memory speeds combine. That's interseting though. Whatever.

So? The 6800's and 7800's have completely different architectures, so it's hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom