We are ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare for a new age of survival of the fittest. Strange as it sounds, I'm kind of looking forward to it. This world could use a change of pace. :)

We'll still have electricity generators, still have cars, still have trucks, still have lorries, still have trains and ferries...

Lubricants can still be made...

Plastics may be a problem, but that is why people should effectivly be recycling more now...

so long as the sun is still shining, there won't really be any immediate problems...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=biodiesel&meta=

why is everyone so friggin worried about oil??? just leave earth, its not that great. go find another planet to destroy.

root said:
We'll still have electricity generators, still have cars, still have trucks, still have lorries, still have trains and ferries...

Just no gas to run any of them....

I don't know if you guys understand the grave implications of this. It's not like we can all just stop using as much oil. Sure, maybe us as individuals can, but our entire economy is based on it. If oil production becomes unstable, lots of bad things will start to happen.

It's not just about losing a few gallons of gas in your car. It's about how companies will have to spend billions of dollars to redesign and implement an entirely new infrastructure in very little time. It's almost impossible. I'm sure we'll make it through, but if this article is accurate, our lives will be very different on the other side.

We're not saying we aren't dependent on it. But we are smart poeple. We not a bunch of dumb idiots running around. Well at least some aren't. We'll still be in a modern society, jsut without oil. WHICH IS POSSIBLE. Computer parts will be more $$$ since oil helps make those.

spank_fusion said:
Just no gas to run any of them....

I don't know if you guys understand the grave implications of this. It's not like we can all just stop using as much oil. Sure, maybe us as individuals can, but our entire economy is based on it. If oil production becomes unstable, lots of bad things will start to happen.

It's not just about losing a few gallons of gas in your car. It's about how companies will have to spend billions of dollars to redesign and implement an entirely new infrastructure in very little time. It's almost impossible. I'm sure we'll make it through, but if this article is accurate, our lives will be very different on the other side.
Oh my freaking god...

the world is going to end...!!!

you missed a bit when you quoted me...

so long as the sun is still shining, there won't really be any immediate problems...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=biodiesel&meta=

I assume you didn't follow the link...
here are a few quotes you could have found if you had...

Biodiesel (mono alkyl esters) is a cleaner-burning diesel fuel made from natural, renewable sources such as vegetable oils.
Anybody can make biodiesel. It's easy, you can make it in your kitchen -- and it's BETTER than the petro-diesel fuel the big oil companies sell you. Your diesel motor will run better and last longer on your home-made fuel, and it's much cleaner -- better for the environment and better for health.
Biodiesel is 100% renewable... we'll never run out of it. And if it gets into your water supply, there's no problem - it's veggie oil! Heck, you can drink it if you so desire, but it tastes nasty (trust us).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodiesel
(that entry is actually wrong) Biodiesel neednt be chemically broken to remove the long acid chains, cars can run solely on vegetable oil, however if you were to run a car soley on vegetable oil, it's wise to have a seperate tank of just diesel for when you are starting as unprocessed vegetable oil gels at quite a normal outside temperature, which stops it being as combustable...
(in the seperate taknk you can either have diesel or chemicallyt altered Biodiesel fuel). -but it's only needed to allow easier starting...
The engines don't actually need any modification, any regualr diesel engine that exists now, will work on thie renewable fuel...

The rtains, Cars, vans, lorries, ferries, electricity generators, havy plant machinery, that I mentioned... yes, all of them can run on this biodiesel stuff...

Every one can exhale now... crisis averted, the world will not end, no-one will have to spend billions re-developing technology because what we already have will continue to work.

In short, yes, that article is accurate, Oil, (based on our current consumption rate) will runout one day...
however life won't be all that different as the technology already exists that most, (everything except petrol cars) can exist without it!!

Like I said, we'll have to recycle plastic, but in reality we should have all been doing that before some neisaying end of the world fanatic told us to anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom