fan trouble

Re: omg fan trouble

Roller Coaster Tycoon, I used to play that game.

Fans are all you should need really, and paste.

The square is the pre-fitted paste that comes on the heatsink. I don't think thats a pad, yet, I don't know how they work...

Wait, how hot is the dining room's temp and wher eis the PC situated? I really need a pic or some clear situation so I can see if the problem comes from there

@Kage, Yes, Roller coaster Tycoon... I used to play that too, but you get bored easily

ya the white pad is what comes with it, i hope u cleaned it off before putting artic silver on, anyway can u open your case and take a pic of it and post it on here for us if u can that would help A LOT cause then we know what were looking at and what the problem is

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0B8L8WZLJ50FM1QSEVASHIDSGG

alright there are the pics.

now i got those 3 little fans blowing in on my hdd

and i got two fans one on top and one on bottom of my hdd

and my hdd is in the cd drive

and the othe r one u see doesnt need cooling cuz it is a 20gig ide that i only use for my backkuyps

o ya and the heatsink fan sux air in and down onto the heatsink

that is all i g2g and get ready for church

u have no exhaust fans and from what i can see no intake fans either thats a big problem u need to get soem ASAP and u probably wont need to replace the heatsink on the cpu and on the motherboard just take them off and replace the crappy paste with artic silver paste then u should see a big improvement

Man, you got to get 2x80mm fans installed on the back of that case. That CPU cooling is pretty creative but I have no clue how effective that may be. You don't need that little fan underneath that hard drive because you already got that vent/fan deal in the drive bay. Buy an exhaust blower for the lower half of the case. Does your side panel have another fan? Get that panel on afterwards and put that to good use. Then measure the temp again.

Here's what I got for fan specs. I've done some rearranging myself so I actually use less fans. Maybe you can use similar setup?

One fan/heatsink for Northbridge
One side panel fan
Two rear exhaust fans
Two front fans
Stock CPU fan/heatsink
One exhaust blower

Temp right now at 7:53 pm:
CPU @ 32 degrees Celsius
GPU @ 53 degrees Celsius (OC'd)
Ambient @ 46 degrees Celsius

Sorry to get in this so late but I've been a bit busy.
First of all I would use a pair of wire cutters and cut out the flaps on the back fan holes and mount up 2 80mm fans blowing out of the case. Next take out the fans you have above and below the hard drives. You're not really doing anything there and it's adding vibration on the drives. Next chexk the front air intakes to see if they have those same flaps and cut them out. It's not really needed to install front fans as long as the air can get in through them. Last close up the case. The side open is killing the air flow. All the rest of what you have is not getting any air cirulated over it.
Antec led fans are 8 dollars US a piece. Some other brands without leds are cheaper. But you seriously need to do something and pretty quickly.
As for your mom log in here and let her read this thread. Hi Mom...

what is a exhaust blower?

so i should put two in the back and get that darn things out of the back.(those like vernts) and then i should...well the front ones really odnt intake. like...there is absolutley no vents on the outside for them to suck in on. ya know

alight so it is monday at the store i will buy more fans..some paste..and what is an exhaust blower. o yaand some screws for the fans

alright this is what i will dod if the fans are cheap i will buy 7 fans. 2 front 2 back 1 side and replace the heatsink fan. now if that doesnt lower the temp then and only then will i buy more paste cuz i dont feel comfy with the paste. and i got to get some screws for fans. cuz i got one on here now that is good but....it doesnat have any fans. HEY...didnt i have a clear fan in hear? o ya i have a clear fan with striped screws somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom