help NOW!

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
ok im about to go out with my friend to get a new computer and i wanted to know if the celeron D and the semperon cpus are any good because theyre considerably cheaper she will only be going on the internet and using lime wire, playing music etc so would those cpus be able to do all that stuff pretty fast?

Yeah, either of those CPUs should be good for her for that use. You really have to look into other aspects of the computer as well, but as far as the processor side of things, yes.

ya i know i have to look at ram etc which i will i'll make sure she gets 512mb at least i just needed to know if those cpus were any good because ive heard they suck and run so slow its not worth havin one

Get an athlon xp 2800, its not a downgrading cpu. Just a good slighty old one. I got mine for 88 bucks. There also better thatn sempron and celeron.

ya ive used an athlon before theyre pretty good its just that i think a pentium would be better for the stuff shes doin

Argh... the pent.'s stink... seriously. The sempron is an incredible step up from the celeron, much less from anythng lower. what is she doing? If she's just emailing, surfing the web, that sort of stuff... I guess so. amd chip's are usually cheaper too. I do not recommend a pent. Why? Because they overheat and slow down. Also beceause the sempron's archietecture is just built in a better way for the user.

be careful what you use limewire for. the RIAA is hitting it pretty bad and if youre using for anything illegal then you run the risk of getting sued.

Back
Top Bottom