Your Thoughts Please

gamei

Beta member
Hello, thsi is my first post on this forum so lets see how well it goes :)

Well I am finsihing my new computer today, got my last HD in. But this is what I am planning to do with it.

I have my old HD IDE Maxtor 9 60GB 7200RPM and then there is my new one- WD Raptor SATA 36gig 10000RPM. What I am planning to do is use my old IDE HD as a storage... and my WD one as the boot up and stuff.

But what I am confused about maybe because I never odne this before... is how would I about installing files...? liek my Anitvirus, Games, LAN drivers, and so on. Will they be on the Serial ATA drive or the IDE one?

And how would my BIOS be setted like in Advance mode will it be IDE or RAID?

And also will this even work lol.

Thanks for any help that is given.

It will definitely work. It will have the operating system and the program files on the 10k RPM drive for fast booting and loading and whatnot, and the other drive can be used as storage. It's really simple, just hook them up, and Windows should recognize them.

awsome but I also wanna say... should the IDE cable be connected to the original blue slot or connect it to the blue slot near the SATA connectors? I have a P4P800 E-Deluxe board

should be connected to the original blue connector, should be right beside the ide-2 channel and the floppy connector.

Back
Top Bottom