Wireless network is a pain!

Tech.66

Beta member
Hello there all. Well, today I went out and bought two D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless Adpaters. both installed on PC's down stairs. The DSL Box is upstair and "Yes" the two Adpaters have signal trouble from whitch they have go through walls. It's a pain and the Internet is slow. However when I go upstairs to the computer that's wired to the NetGear MR814v.2 Wireless cable/DSL router it's still slow. I did not config. the Set up at all. My mom did it and the guy she spoke with has done something wrong cause at most times I have to refresh a page 3 times to load it. What's up?

Seems to me that the guy told her to go into Telnet under CMD and went into IPCONFIG and messed with the options and "Yes" Sprint is our ISP. It's a pain and I feel there telling us the wrong way to do it. On my moms computer it has a connect service named Sprint then... it has the Password and user accout "Note that this was done with the windows Wizard Network with Professional Sp2 and not the Earthlink Software that Sprint provided" The router is however config. with that user name and password. But my mom is bount fed up with the speed and i've tried to help out. However, I'm not good at IPCONFIG nor the telnet thing. Any ideas and thoughts would be of help to whoever can help.

The computer that was wired is being brought back down to one of our friends to be reformated. I could of done all that! But we still have internet but it's kinda slow and yahoo.com even loads slow on the images and stuff. My sig. shows all the programs I use. Now i'm using Opera 8.5!

Eh, what connecton is that DSL? I would recommend for u to look at the settings and i would also recommend that your on channel 11.. that seems to be strong

I'm on 11. And i'll look in the setting later. The Internet seems to be fine now but later on it will act up. We upgraded to 5MB.

4 Meg here.. I also eat the neighbors bandwidth.. I download too much ;).. lol Anyway.. good luck as sometimes Dlinks are EVIL..

I find Netgear to be a pain on there wireless adpaters. Well, I'm off for now. Check back later. 5MB is awsome though. Downloading at 800K!

Back
Top Bottom