slow pc problems

its made by "evesham". its quite tall, grey looking. can send you a pic if you really want. just waiting for last things to backup. hope i remembered everything

pc is re formatted and seems to be going a lot quicker. it restarts really quick and properly and i think shutdown will be the same. now to put all my stuff back on

now it shuts down on its own and the screen goes off and it makes a noise but the tower still seems to be on. any way bigger problems. the pc seems to be working find but after about 10 mins or so if you click on my computer it will take ages to load if it bothers loading and all the computer slows up.

That could be because its trying to read the floppy drive, or CD drive.
Make sure nothings in there.

i have done a second re format and the same problem. even with no cds, mem sticks, etc.. my computer takes ages to load and slows the pc. on the first re format it kept saying i had viruses, thats when i downloaded avg antivirus off their site.

from what i see i have a lsass virus. need good software to get rid of it. please help

already got that. i have removed some viruses and done some other things and my pc seems to be back to normal for now. :D

ok my pc is not back to normal. when i click on a desktop icon then click on another one they will both be highlighted. the same with program windows. my pc also seems to be going slower. the virus checkers do not detect any viruses and sometimes when you try to type it will bring up random toolbars to do with the program you are in. i need help. please help!

You have spyware then. Spyware basically looks at what you are doing and sends off information. Most are harmless and can be packaged in programs so advertisers know what you look at most, etc, but they are annoying, and totally an invasion of privacy.

I advise you should download SpyBot Search & Destroy which will find many:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Theres also one called Adaware, yet I can't seem to find the free version. It is really good at doing its job, but I had problems with it.

I advise if you can get hold of them, to maybe get both to see which one works best for you.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom