Would this work?

Ð88

Fully Optimized
I am currectly running cable internet through a router shared with 4 other computers. This of course is extremely slow so I got the idea of hooking up another cable modem independently from the router through the cable connection in my room making my computer no long a part of the network. Can I do this? If i can, will it solve my slow internet problems?

Distortion88 said:
I am currectly running cable internet through a router shared with 4 other computers. This of course is extremely slow so I got the idea of hooking up another cable modem independently from the router through the cable connection in my room making my computer no long a part of the network. Can I do this? If i can, will it solve my slow internet problems?

it matters if you internet connection is on the same line as your cable. it should (as in i'm not a 100% sure) work if it has nothing to do with sharing the internet with the other computers.

Well here's what I know. I have two hook-ups in my room. One is a phone jack, and this is what goes to the router so it is where my internet is connected to. The second on the wall plate is a regular cable hook up (is was meant if i wanted to put a tv in my room). I thought, through my understanding, that both cable tv and cable internet, if by the same provider(which they are), run on the same cable line. Either way I figured the main idea was to be independent from the router because that is what slows down the internet(this router has no way of knowing which IP address to send the received data to so it has to send it to all 5 computers one at a time until it gets the right one, hence why it is slow).

i have cable internet with a router and im sharing it with 2 other computers so thats 3 all together and the only time my internet goes slow is when my sis downloads something like anime so it uses up all the bandwidth but when shes just surfing the net and stuff my internet is very fast so i dont know why yours would be slow

Distortion88 said:
Well here's what I know. I have two hook-ups in my room. One is a phone jack, and this is what goes to the router so it is where my internet is connected to. The second on the wall plate is a regular cable hook up (is was meant if i wanted to put a tv in my room). I thought, through my understanding, that both cable tv and cable internet, if by the same provider(which they are), run on the same cable line. Either way I figured the main idea was to be independent from the router because that is what slows down the internet(this router has no way of knowing which IP address to send the received data to so it has to send it to all 5 computers one at a time until it gets the right one, hence why it is slow).

Sometimes your ISP provider runs a different cord just for internet. In my house we have Cable TV and internet and different lines because of interference that we were getting.

Back
Top Bottom