I'm back!!

malbuc87uk, thats kewl :)

I'm in the UK, studying Animation, a 3 year BA (Bacholor Of Arts) honours degree :p
Woo!!! lol...it seems great! What are you studying?

Hope your's and The Decieved courses go well.

Cheers Kage, and the same goes for you too :)

I've always wanted to do animation, but unfortunately I gave up art at GCSE and all the cpurses I looked at all needed art at A-Level :( Ah well, I'm doing a degree I will actually like and come out with a job in the field of computer games hopefully :D

What's your course like then Kage?

Kewl :)

Oh its great. Right up my street.

We'll be doing traditional animation, Flash animation, Stop Motion, and 3D Animation :D

Aww its a shame you couldn't do it. I did a college course before doing this though, and got a BTEC in E-Media, and that got me in.

Its all good :D

Yeah, originally I wanted to go into the anime side of animation because I love all of the real Manga videos (like Akira, such a classic). But I hated the art teacher at my 6th form and so gave it up :( I still draw quite a bit, but to learn how to put it onto a computer and actually 'animate' it would be awesome :D

If you don't mind Kage, could you keep me up to date with any new techniques you learn, what software you use and how complicated it all is? It would be VERY much appreciated!

I'm not that good with animation programs, I've only really used programming software such as Dark Basic Pro, and a bit of C++. The closest I got to designing something was like Maya PLE and Belnder Design.... Too hard for my liking :D

Kewl :D Well, I've learnt a bit of DarkBasic, but gave up because I realised...I can't program :p

Well, I use 3D Studio Max mainly, but will be using Maya in University as well. As for 2d Computer animation, I think it will be Flash MX, and stop motion and traditional may use Adobe AfterEffects and Photoshop.

Yep, I'll keep you updated.

I'm still learning 3D Studio Max :( I'm trying to model a car but I've realised I'm no good with modelling using techniques like box modelling, and haven't been taught by someone, so my expertise on that type of thing is limited, though I can model some things. E.g, if you saw the Xbox 360 thread I made.

Kage said:
Kewl :D Well, I've learnt a bit of DarkBasic, but gave up because I realised...I can't program :p

Well, I use 3D Studio Max mainly, but will be using Maya in University as well. As for 2d Computer animation, I think it will be Flash MX, and stop motion and traditional may use Adobe AfterEffects and Photoshop.

Yep, I'll keep you updated.

I'm still learning 3D Studio Max :( I'm trying to model a car but I've realised I'm no good with modelling using techniques like box modelling, and haven't been taught by someone, so my expertise on that type of thing is limited, though I can model some things. E.g, if you saw the Xbox 360 thread I made.

Cool :) Well I never really got round how to do everything on any designing programs... Like you, I was never taught and trying to teach yourself a program that is nothing like something you have used before is quite hard, and well I'll leave it to the designers and get some programming so games can be made :)

I start my lectures tomorrow, can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom