A Good PHP Editor/IDE

kenhkan

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a good, preferably open source, PHP editor and IDE, if anyone recommends one. I used to just use a simple text editor with PHP color coding. However, as the projects I'm working on get larger and larger, I often lose track of which files to upload and which ones I've uploaded. Therefore, I need a piece of software that can upload the files for me so I need not to do that manually (which I often forget to do and end up re-uploading the entire site). The editor/IDE doesn't have to be state-of-the-art, just one that at least offers PHP color coding and the auto-uploading feature. My teammate recommends Macromedia Dreamweaver, but I simply do not have the budget. Ergo, I'm looking for an open source one (or one with cheaper price). Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

dreamweaver if you want/need html graphical layout as well...

if you can look at the code and see what you'll get, (so you know HTML pretty well)
turbo pad
http://turbopad.sourcefoge.net
is free, and does syntax highlighting for most filetypes that you can code in plain text.

oh my oh my! this is one fantastic piece of software! and open-source too. i used to pay for text editors. haha. thanks for the recommendation, root!

Back
Top Bottom