HELP! -cd burner

Steph1026

Solid State Member
okay so the other day i decided to delete some un-needed files and i think i might of deleted something i needed for the cd burner and just the cd drive in general

everytime i go to put a cd in it, it doesnt like register it keeps saying insert disk. and when i tryed to make a cd it said "CD or DVD burner is not found"

it said to reinstall it but it came with the computer so i dont know what todo, if theres anyone to help please do!

go to start, controlpanel, system,then to hardware then device manager and see what it says by your cdrw.
woz

it has an alert thing with the ! and says this under status.. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

i'm not sure, i deleted mainly empty folders; i dont know if any of them had something todo with that.. cause if thats the case shouldnt i just to a system restore?

open it up where you see the ! and uninstall it, then try re installing it and see if it will find the drivers for it.
woz

idk what to do by installing it because it came with the computer, idk if theres a certain disk or what?

i uninstalled something called "dvd santa" before, and lost my cdrw. that was when i first found computer forums :). i ended up doing a reformat, but im sure you will get over this problem.
woz

if you double klick it in the device manager then uninstall the driver. then try installing driver again from the same place.
woz

i uninstalled it then re installed it and it said it didnt install properly and it may not work right =(

if you know what make it is, then go to manufacturers site and download latest drivers from there.
woz

Back
Top Bottom