6600 gt 128mb or 256mb ??

rocketpants

Baseband Member
Hi there
After some great advice off posters on here ive decided to opt for a gf 6600 gt, as for the money it appears to be the best value, my choice now is should i get the 128mb or 256 mb versions ?? i seem to remember someone telling me it makes little differance ? not too sure, but any suggestions are welcome.
cheers Andy c

well the 256mb version has doubled the amount of memory so ofcourse it will perform better. (if the cards are identical in every other aspect)

So check the detailed info and if there ain't any big differences then go for the 256mb version.

With current games, 128MB is usually more than enough. However, as with all things related to computers, games will evolve and will eventually take advantage of more memory. I would personally get the 256MB - it'll be better in the long-run.

Yeah, I think you should get the 256mb one too. It'll allow you to play some high quality games with less texture compression, etc, to have them looking better.
Plus, it can add to performance, so definietly go for the 256mb.

256mb. Hands down. With games like F.E.A.R. and Quake 4, RAM, video and system, is very important.

That card doesn't look too bad though.

XFX isn't too bad either. There are worst companies...

Overall, I don't think that ones too bad, and if it offers 256mb which the others don't, then that can't be bad either, can it?

Back
Top Bottom