need dual layer multi format dvd burner

mr.monger said:
well anyways can someone recomend a goo dual layer burner with nice speeds? my dad doesnt believe burners went down in price so he thinks he has to spend like $100 on one. so basically any price so long as its not like over 150. 60-100 would be best but w/e

o and maurice, in your sig it says audon, do you mean auron as in the one from ff10??
Yes, I got it from a gaming site, good isn't it?, I'll amend the name, thanks for pointing that out, I have a PS2, & I like adventure, RPG & 1st person shoot 'em up games, I'm known in local games shops as "the silver gamer!" I 'spose I qualify at age 74, I don't do computer games, they're awkward to play I find, much easier to load a disc in a console, press "start", & start playing right away, how about you, which do you prefer, I'm guessing computer, but millions of games consoles are sold in the States, each time a new one comes out, we see the queues lining up, waving dollar bills

All the best, Maurice
computer.gif

i like console games better because theyre usually better but in computer games im compelled to cheat and i get bored easily. i almost never get bored of console games, at least not the first time i play them. i just rented burnout revenge and i absolutely adore it. but before that i was playing devil may cry 3, and i would have finished a long time ago had it not been so hard. and yes i like all those genres, plus pretty much anything else thats fun. the only problem is i cant afford games because my dad wont let me get a job because im in school... i cant wait till the ps3 though. really want to play kilzone ps3.

mr.monger said:
i like console games better because theyre usually better but in computer games im compelled to cheat and i get bored easily. i almost never get bored of console games, at least not the first time i play them. i just rented burnout revenge and i absolutely adore it. but before that i was playing devil may cry 3, and i would have finished a long time ago had it not been so hard. and yes i like all those genres, plus pretty much anything else thats fun. the only problem is i cant afford games because my dad wont let me get a job because im in school... i cant wait till the ps3 though. really want to play kilzone ps3.
Good for you, keep on gaming, your dad is very sensible, education must come first!

You can pick awesome DVD burners at very good prices nowadays, I mean tghe one in my signature (NEC 3540A) is an excellent example. I mean here is the OEM version on Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152047

And here is the full retail version:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152052

Just $5 more, and for the price they do an excellent job :) I can't complain about mine!!

But if you want to go all out for one, look towards the Plextor range as they are expensive but I hear they are good. In my opinion, they aren't worth the extra money as it's not a HUGE jump in performance, but here's a link to one of them for your information:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131352

I mean for the extra $100 you're not going to be writing DVDs at any noticeable speed over the NEC, and I recommend the NEC as I have first hand experience with it, but any dual layer is very good for the price now. Just stick to known brands and you should be fine :)

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom