Which CPU?

Noice... you and me trd... we can work together and build some incredible stuff... lol... it'll be sweet.

We'll be using second generation Athlon X2's that are better than the current Toledo core, haha...and better RAM support. In the meantime, we just have to play the waiting game until the time is right.

The PC I got can easily live through another year in terms of compatibility so I can wait. Same with yours...

Yeah, too true. We'll wait. Indeed! I can't wait though.. so awesome though... the new technology to come... man... sahweet!

I'm getting a new monitor for my PC. I'm gonna be using it for gaming primarily. I have read that CRT is better than LCD for gaming. But does anyone know of any good gaming LCDs around 17 or any thinner CRTs. What do you suggest?

Thanks

ACtually, dell makes some good lcd's. I suggest you get one of those. LG, NEC, or sony makes good lcd's too.

Ok I am rethinking choices now. Should I stick with the X2 or just go with an Athlon 64. I ll be using the computer for a bit of gaming, music editing, and everyday use. And now that the M2 is coming out im even more confused.

It's whatever you can afford. The bigger price you pay, the better performance you get and the Athlon 64 X2 dual cores are almost twice as much as the single core Athlon 64's. Don't worry about the M2. It won't be here until late next year.

If you're going to get a PC built, current specs use Socket 939 with an Athlon 64 CPU of some type. I personally feel that the X2 will benefit you because you want to do gaming, music editing, and who knows what else. With dual core, you can do both at the same time and no slowdown will occur.

Ok I am going to stick to the X2 now. Good thing i converted to AMD.I was originally going with a Pentium D:p. All the computers I have had whic had were were Dells had Pentiums. I officially converted :). So what benefits will the M2 have besides supporting DDR2. Should I just forget about waiting that long and stick to my current Socket 939 set up?On a side not I am surprised of how much computer info i picked up in the last month since I am new to building.

Back
Top Bottom