Got news on the Pentium 5

hmm still gonna stay with AMD for the time being...unless intel pulls a nice one...although I am saving up fro an X2...

cool.

Since it has that high Ghz they must have found a way around the heat problems with the super hot (literally hot :)) P4 prescott.

Wow...that's old. Intel scrapped the Pentium 5. It was expected to run really fast, but they decided that GHZ isn't the most important thing ever. That's why they don't label their processors by speed anymore. It's by a number sequence, for example, the Pentium 4 is the 5xx (32-bit) and the 6xx (64-bit) series. The Pentium M is the 7xx series and the dual-core Pentium D's are the 8xx series.

Yeah...finally someone agrees! Clock speed really means nothing to me as long as its past 1.5 or so...I mean my 3000+ at 1.8GHz performs better than any intel 2.0....easily...speed is nothin for me..as long as I have my 1GB RAM :)

Agreed. my 3500+ outperforms my 3.2ghz intel pentium, and my amd only runs at 2.2ghz... woot!

em64t mmmmh... im guessing dual core to get 5-7 ghz. its stuff like this that gets me gitty. although ive always been one of those people who doesn't beleive more ghz nesecarily means better processor, but 5-7 ghz, jeeze.

Back
Top Bottom