How hard would it be to...

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
How hard would it be to put a processor in my new computer after I put the motherboard in the case? This is my first build and all the guides I have read say to put the processor on the motherboard before putting the motherboard in the case. I want to know because I dont have that much time during the week so I want to get everything put together this weekend but my processor willn't be here untill next week.

EDIT: Just to let you know right now I have to use my mom's five year old compaq. So I really want to have this computer built and running soon

Well it depends on the size of the case, but it is possible to do from inside the case.

Simply turn the case on its side so its on a surface and it should be easier that way. I wouldn't put it on a carpet though as this will build up static if moved around, and static that close to the motherboard isn't good.

Kewl. Tell us when its up and running.

Great computer your building by the way :D

Well in the first place this is called highjacking a thread. A tad bit of a no no around here.
Buty to answer your question here's the link to the folks that make it and a lot of really neat gizmos and gadgets.
http://www.sunbeamtech.com/

You can stop drooling down the screen now...

umm i think p4 coolers have to be installed with the mobo outside the case, but im not sure as ive never built a p4 machine.

Back
Top Bottom