What Do You Think About My New Comp and Laptop...?

Thanks for your helpful opinion Kage opinion would it play games like battlefield 2 and thanks again

Yeah, Battle Field 2 is a very demanding game.

I've heard though that even in low resolution, it doesn't look too bad, and I find lower resoloutions tend to look sharper anyway and prefer them... for some reason...

Anyway, you could upgrade your video card to a Geforce 6600GT for around £160 if you could afford that, and that should play it rather good, though video cards now seem to be taking a big step up from that, but I tihnk it still has some life in it.

The Geforce 5200 does support pixel shaders, yes, since these were introduced in Direct X-8 and the 5200 is a early entry Direct X-9 level card,
though don't expect it to play Direct X-9 games very well since it wasn't really built to be really good at playing those games, but to be able to play them...just.

Its more of a Direct X-8 card than anything, the 5200.

If you can get hold of a 6600GT though, you'll be laughing, or if you can afford it, go for one of the 6800 models.

Kage said:
The Geforce 5200 does support pixel shaders, yes, since these were introduced in Direct X-8 and the 5200 is a early entry Direct X-9 level card,
though don't expect it to play Direct X-9 games very well since it wasn't really built to be really good at playing those games, but to be able to play them...just.

Its more of a Direct X-8 card than anything, the 5200.

If you can get hold of a 6600GT though, you'll be laughing, or if you can afford it, go for one of the 6800 models.

Kage you did read other members replie you will find 5500 geforce i did a mistake you too smety

Smety said:
The 5200 cant play BF2, I know for sure because I used to have one . . .

You're right. The video card must have at least 128 MB of RAM and the chipset used is preferably a geforce 6600GT or greater, but a geforce FX 5700 will be ok too.

TRDCorolla said:
You're right. The video card must have at least 128 MB of RAM and the chipset used is preferably a geforce 6600GT or greater, but a geforce FX 5700 will be ok too.

does it work on 5500 geforce 256mb

thanks for the info

You're probably right on the border of the minimum requirements to play the game using that FX5500 video card. You can play it using that card, but it won't look as good if you were to get something a little better.

Back
Top Bottom