Reducing amount of procesess

DJM1972

Baseband Member
My friend is trying to get his pc to run with as few procesess as possible to increase his recording performance. I've done a search just not indepth enough. Can anyone give me some info on a good way to optimize his pc. He is running a pentium 3.1 with 512 memory I believe with XP Home.

go into start>run>type in msconfig>go to startup Tab>unchecked anything not is not important

***WARNING*** unchecking the wrong thing can cause major damage to windows.

also crtl+alt+del>click on the processes tab and end any processes you don't need running. if you screw up in here it will just make you log off or restart your computer, but you still should be careful in there.

Blackviper surfaced then announced he was moving to northern California and will be back up hopefully by OCT 1st. But in the mean time here is a mirror site that has the xp services table. It shows what can and can't be turned off in the services as related to what you do with your computer. BV knows his stuff so well just about everyone who is any one in the computing business refers questions like this to his site.
http://www.dead-eye.net/WinXP Services.htm

Thanks fellas I put the info onto floppy and will probably take it over later. Thanks again
LATERS!!!!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom