This used to be my very first PC

lhuser

Golden Master
s_p_12831_1.jpg

This PC was an IBM 486/DX 66MHZ
8MB RAM
348MB HDD

This PC was an awesome one for work when I worked with my 3.1

Then Windows crashed and threw it away...If I'd knew that Win95 was installable by floppy...

Find out more about it and look at more pics of it at

http://www.recycledgoods.com/produc...ID=260&CategoryID=1&selection=3&HDSelection=3

OMFG ph33r t3h 1337|\|355!!1!1!!11one

(Seriously though, it was probably pretty hardcore in its day)

It was. I had the PC til 2002 and it still worked like a charm. Windows, though, wasn't. It kept on frozing at the bootscreen, while scanning viruses, when I least expect it and when it loaded any programs. It was a shitty OS

I know. Too funny. 20MHz compared to what we have now. If 20MHz was lightning fast, what do you think they would call 3GHz? So funny to see the excitement of previous technology when it's so obsolete now.

TRDCorolla said:
I know. Too funny. 20MHz compared to what we have now. If 20MHz was lightning fast, what do you think they would call 3GHz? So funny to see the excitement of previous technology when it's so obsolete now.

I absolutely agree
That was a mighty good computer you got there lhuser ! :)
I've got this friend who is interested in old OLD computers ... in fact, he brought a 25 mhz computer that has windows 3.1 ... only 35 australian dollaras lol :)

25MHz, lol. Then when the first ever Pentium processor came out, my mom bought an IBM Aptiva Pentium CPU 133MHz. I swear that this has got to be the most powerful PC available. It runs like a champ. She still has it to this day. It's running as a print server though because the printer is physically attached to that old PC. But she's also using a PC I built for her awhile back (Athlon XP 2500+ Barton) so she's happy with that. The monitor keyboard and mouse is shared using the KVM switch I had between that old PC and the Athlon XP machine. That Aptiva is a tough little machine. Original power supply, but does have upgraded RAM, CD-RW drive, and hard drive.

U should see the 1st pc that there was in my old school. It was so cool, and when they had bought it they thought that they would never have to buy a new pc. But really that was one cool pc, I don't think there was a mouse, though nothing more than dos at those times so no use for a mouse. And the keyboard, ohh god I'd pay to get one like that, it was integrated, along with the monitor to the pc. So it was basicly one package. And it was smaller than a 17" crt monitor.

Good lord....

But this integrated keyboard you speak of...Why isnt it being applied to todays technology? I mean business people have to stay cramped up a lot so everything is compact, and a PC takes up a substancial bit of space. I see this integrated keyboard thing being good. If only we could apply it to todays computers...

Back
Top Bottom