Best Linux?

niceties55

Daemon Poster
What is the best Linux os to use im ean there is a huge selection out there like "http://distrocenter.linux.com/"
(thanks too dyserq for this website)

I am a newbe and have no experience with linux but want to get into it.

All I heard was that Suse was the best but that it was for advanced users)

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Red hat is good, ubuntu is alright, and as for gentoo, let's just say it's good, but advanced in a way. I'd use ubuntu I guess for a beginner. It depends on your knowledge really on OS'.

I use Fedora Core 4 :)
Simply because its good, updated and simple to use and install :)

You heard that SuSE was for advanced users? SuSE focuses more on new Linux users.

Never the less I suggest slackware, simplicity is a good thing. Slackware is heavily dependant on the command line, so expect to have to use the command line often. Don't let that fact scare you away though, the cli isn't really very hard once your used to it.
If you do install slackware make sure you add a regular user with the adduser command, after all you don't want to run as root. Anyways if you decide to get a distro that is more friendly to new Linux users, I would look at Ubuntu.

There is no "best Linux" it all comes down to what works for you. Some may want a easy distro some may want an advanced, multiple choices of distros is a good thing.

There is no "BEST LINUX" it's just what's easiest / best for you...

here here. I second and third that sentiment.

There is not best, only the best for you. As cliche and dumb as it sounds, the only way to find out which is for you is to try a wide selection and find the one that suites your needs

RewtGuy said:
There is no "BEST LINUX" it's just what's easiest / best for you...

I agree
People have different views and perspective and have different expectations so it really is up to them and how they feel about a distro ...

Back
Top Bottom