Pop-ups won't stop

snowdog

Baseband Member
I have pop-up stopper and whatever's built-in Firefox, but they still keep coming through. Anyone knows how this can be and how to fix? Thanks

It might not be the browser itself... try running ad aware, spyware, malware, and antivirus scans... that should clear it all up. If not, then post what sites you go to. I think it's spyware, though...

hey snowdog,
disable your system restore then do all of your scans in safe mode. boot back up in normal and see how it has gone. don't forget to restart your system restore afterwards.
woz

spank_fusion said:
Hehe, FireFox fans tremble! :p
Please tell me you paid the $40 for Opera. *sigh*

Speakin' of, a lil off topic anyways, who the hell charges for a (dont read this upcoming word if you're soft and easily offended by obscene language) browser!? I wanna pirate Opera just in protest of their

Seti says> Your language and tone I find to be in bad taste. Behave yourself or you will not like what happens next...

un4given said:
Please tell me you paid the $40 for Opera. *sigh*

Speakin' of, a lil off topic anyways, who the hell charges for a fbrowser!? I wanna pirate Opera just in protest of their .

Ok, first off, watch your language. And opera does because it's a good buisness oppurtunity. Iwould if I made a good browser. Opera consumes the least memory so I would use it if wasn't charged. We do not discuss piracy here at CF so I suggest that you don't. Thank you.

Seti says> Indeed we don't talk of pirating any software.

jac006 said:
Ok, first off, watch your language. And opera does because it's a good buisness oppurtunity. Iwould if I made a good browser. Opera consumes the least memory so I would use it if wasn't charged. We do not discuss piracy here at CF so I suggest that you don't. Thank you.
There, I put in a disclaimer for you.

And I was not discussing piracy, I made a comment in reference to it in a joking matter.

...Do you laugh jac?

Nice attitude... For your information, I would cool it a little. You're new here and don't quite know the rites, my friend. You might be joking, and ok, sure, I'll take that as a joke, but, with text, it's a little hard to tell. Unless you want me to anaylze your text and go college literature on you. No... I don't think so. At least, a jk or something like that would've helped. I don't know how old you are, and I'm not going to assume because you could be an 11 year old or a 80 year old. I don't know. Whatever. As for the profanity, there are some younger ones here. People are offended by that language too. Yes, offended. You think not so, maybe, but I've personally seen what language can do to a person. Yeah, they killed themselves. Don't make any comments to that matter, it was a very personal matter. I just used an example. So please, just be the mature person that I think that you can be. THanks.

Wow, I'll buy that one... That was a really mature response. Okay, I'm sorry.

And yes, I was j/k with the pirating comment. It was just in jest over how they could charge for it when there's some really good free browsers out.

Oh, and BTW, I'm a 21 year old senior in college. Dont go analytical on my language because I'm only an Aeronautical Computer Science major.

Back
Top Bottom