Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but along with 3DMark as that is more widely used, and even if I don't use it as a performance test for myself, it can show other people what my system can do. I'm only defending 3DMark because it's the most popular and basically the best way to compare systems. I never said it was better than AquaMark 3! But I shall use all the available ones to test my system (3DMark, AquaMark 3, PCMark etc) just to compare and contrast with overclocked versions of my system to see if it's actually worth doing :)

the deceived said:
Yes, but along with 3DMark as that is more widely used, and even if I don't use it as a performance test for myself, it can show other people what my system can do. I'm only defending 3DMark because it's the most popular and basically the best way to compare systems. I never said it was better than AquaMark 3! But I shall use all the available ones to test my system (3DMark, AquaMark 3, PCMark etc) just to compare and contrast with overclocked versions of my system to see if it's actually worth doing :)

OCing is worth is, but OCing just to satisfy those scores is insanity, pure and simple. That is my point here. 3DMark is poorly designed... 05' especially... I did run it..... and my score was enormous... but not what it should have been at all.

Heres my computer specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Core (not oc'ed)
MSI K8N nforce4 Motehrboard
EVGA GeForce 6800GT PCI xpress
Maxtor 200GB HD

My 3d Mark05 score was 5001. This seems pretty low. What do you guys think?

2959 in 3dMark03.

And opteronix, what is there wrong with the 3dMark programs. They make ur computer play a video clip, which in the graphical level is like a game. It takes the FPS of every clip and uses them to calculate ur score. And it's the most popular one and if someone gets 4000 3dmarks and someone else gets 6000 3dmarks u can be sure that games run better on the comp which got more 3dmarks. So u can compare the results. I'm not saying that it's better than AquaMark, I just want to know why u say it's "a very poor indicator of performance."

That looks wrong. You should have a much, much higher score in 3dmark03. I have same config as you, but with a 6600GT and I'm pulling a 9300 on 3dmark03.

My score

3.4 GHz P4
1.5GB RAM
Some generic Foxconn Mobo
XFX nVidia GeForce 6800GT

My score was like 4900 on 3D Mark05...is this a decent score?

Hmm, i'm not so sure. You have a great video card there.

Though it may be right, since the new 7800GTX gets around 7000, so yeah, its probably about right.

Wow, not bad :D Well done... though how hot is that card getting now? :p

A very good score...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom