Monitor Problem?

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I just recently bought a new monitor and I hooked it up and pretty much everything is fine. Every once in a while though the screen will get darker for about a half of a second or so. Is this normal for new monitors as I have not had a new monitor for a long time. It is a 21" CRT monitor if that helps anyone. When the screen gets darker for a short second it looks like someone has put a shade over it or something. Not sure if I have a messed up monitor or this is the way it is supposed to be. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day!!!

Hey, its not a normal problem no with new monitors, and shouldn't be happening.

That said though, I used to get something like that, but the screen would go black for a second or so and come back. I dind't know what did it either, but I think upgrading the video drivers did it.

So try doing that first off all.

If that doesn't work, I'd advise you to check the monitor on another computer if possible, and if it happens on that, i'd suggest it as a fault with the monitor i'm afraid :(

I wouldn't imagine so, but if your running on 60hz, try 70hz and try that. If you running on anything higher than 70, try dropping to 70.

It wouldn't be that causing the problem though, since the monitor should be able to support all the ones it does fine.

If that doesn't work, try updating video card drivers as the last resort, as these would control the monitor completly.

I hope this helps.

I have updated my video drivers and the screen still changes colors. On my monitor one of the controls on the front can change the screen colors whether you are doing regular PC stuff, watching movies, or playing games. I think this has something to do with it. When I change the settings manually it looks exactly like what the monitor is doing at other times by itself.

Hmm, since its new then, I'd say its a monitor fault. Just take it back and get a new one basically :p

I think I will have to do that this weekend. Thanks for the help. Hopefully the new one will not do the same. Grrr it just did it as I was typing this message.

Monitors do have to have thier own drivers. This is so the vid card is speaking the same lingo as the monitor. My Trintron and Nokia 21" have to have thier drivers to run right and look pretty. Try getting the drivers from who makes the monitor.

Hmm, thats a point, but I'm still running on a Default monitor driver and it flickered before I updated my video drivers to the latest version quite a long time ago, and didn't after, though it was still running as a Default Monitor.

You might be right though Seti.
Wouldn't do any harm though to send it back to see if the replacement works better if that doens't work. You might find it works perfectly.

I tried looking online for the drivers for the monitor and was unable to locate any at all. The monitor is a 21" Insignia CRT monitor. I know it is not the best monitor out there but it still should not flicker. Also I might not have the most updated drivers for my video card. I have looked them up on Google but seem to keep running into dead ends. I am using an Evga GeForce 6800 128.

Back
Top Bottom