Literacy in schools & Colleges

jac006 said:
What? As in ban alvino? For what? Ah... I see... he just kinda butted in... well... it's not exactly the right thing to do, as in there was a good discussion... but you know what, maurice, c'mon... this isn't serious at all. It's minimal. My father passed away when I was 4. No joke. This is nothing. Please, let's just pass this on. He doesn't have to get banned for this... it's not worth it...
That's just your opinion.

Of course it's just my opinion... who's else would it be? Why are you wanting to ban alvino? Do you want to ban him? Cause if you do... I can't stop you... but... yeah, I always thought you were nicer than that...

jac006 said:
Of course it's just my opinion... who's else would it be? Why are you wanting to ban alvino? Do you want to ban him? Cause if you do... I can't stop you... but... yeah, I always thought you were nicer than that...
I've just permanently banned him, & reported this in the staff area, I've asked them to look at the thread & the two posts where he used abusive language to me, if they think I was unfair, they could ask me to revoke the ban, it can be done, I'm just awaiting their reaction, if they take over long, I'll remind them until they do answer,.
I've been falling over backwards for quite a while now, & taking his snide remarks, but when I reminded him that it is an offence to verbally abuse a mod, I got a second mouthful, saying that "he was p*ssed last night", no excuse, as far as I'm concerned.
Believe it or not, I agonised over the permanent ban, but in the end, decided it had to be, in five months as mod, he's only the second one, as I said, I'm waiting events

So alvino got a perm-ban unless David says otherwise?

I PM'd David about bans ages back, he says he reviews them all and lifts them himself if necessary.

alvino is a highly respected member of this community, banning him will only cause more anti-mod strife.

malbuc87uk said:
So alvino got a perm-ban unless David says otherwise?

I PM'd David about bans ages back, he says he reviews them all and lifts them himself if necessary.

alvino is a highly respected member of this community, banning him will only cause more anti-mod strife.
That's what I said, I will of course abide by David's decision, when it comes
As you said he can & does lift bans, I've looked at the list of permanent bans, it's HUGE, there is a "lift ban" button alongside each, I can only lift the ban of members that I have dealt with, while David can, of course, lift anybody's as he sees fit, & rightly so.

You must see David's thread entitled "Banning" threads, easiest way to get there is to go to the foot of the last page of this forum, & click "previous thread", quite an eye-opener.

"He called me a poopie!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It's a good thing I actually have powers to get back at him unlike everyone else on the forums. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

C'mon, man. Shampoo recommendation: Johnson & Johnson's No More Tears (thanks Maddox!). Anyway, yeah.... I think this whole spat is getting blown way out of proportion.

Now that I think about it, pretty much every harmless thread on this forum turns into this. Why? Well, I can't say for sure, but it really sucks. Stop being babies, and move on to the next thread.

spank_fusion said:
"He called me a poopie!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It's a good thing I actually have powers to get back at him unlike everyone else on the forums. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

C'mon, man. Shampoo recommendation: Johnson & Johnson's No More Tears (thanks Maddox!). Anyway, yeah.... I think this whole spat is getting blown way out of proportion.

Now that I think about it, pretty much every harmless thread on this forum turns into this. Why? Well, I can't say for sure, but it really sucks. Stop being babies, and move on to the next thread.
Who called you a poopie?, & what the heck is a poopie??

it's a polite word for shit...

and I think he's speaking rhetorically... so he's not really calling anyone anything...

Back
Top Bottom