My new rigs

TibsBeatAll said:
and getting a SLI motherboard for an ATI video card is useless. You can't use SLI with ATI cards.

SLI is a patented Nvidia technology only able to be used with nvidia graphics cards.

And even better than 6800GT's, are the 7800GT's.

The 7800Gt's offer similar performance to dual 6800Gt's at a much lower cost. Plus you also get the future insurance of adding another 7800GT to the board.

and if your only gonna use one video card, than get an Abit Fatality motherboard.

Also, next time you post a thread like that, state your intentions and what your looking for.

State clearly things like:

What your using it for

What companies you prefer

And etc.

You're a guru, you should know that by now.

That's why I listed these specs...do you think I'll be stupid enough to go with a Duron or Sempron???

And as far being a Guru...I don't know everything in comps. If you believe that, well just go talk to geeks

they dont make 5000s and u will never overclock to a 7000 because it doesnt exist first of all and the x2 is small chip so it retains lots of heat so u need a massive cooling.

lhuser in a year this list will mean nothing. technolgy will change so much that this list won't be even close to the same.

Very true. After a year of waiting for the money to come in, most of the parts you have up there will be old news. If you want to get it, you have to get those now and try to be satisfied with it. It's hard with changing technology, but there's got to be a point where you build a nice expensive PC and it will be good for a few years until you upgrade again. I've had my current PC close to a year now and it still does all the stuff I want it to do. Although it's not a high end machine, but it will own for probably two more years or until parts start to fail or limitations are reached.

Yeah, that's true. But maybe two years is pushing it. that's the limit, I mean. One year with your comp, trd, will be fully functional, but I'm telling you... things will be changing fast...

Well, if it will be outdated by then, I'll buy the newer technology PCs in a year. I better start saving $5000

Back
Top Bottom