can't find hidden files

battersup

Baseband Member
i don't know why but my brother was around and hid some of my websites in my favorites list and he also hid the links button which had all my favorite sites, i can't seem to uncover them, i have tried searching but can't recover them, how do you recover them?

Control panel, folder options, view, and then click on view hidden files/folders... watch the language btw...

jac006 said:
Control panel, folder options, view, and then click on view hidden files/folders... watch the language btw...
All done!, see setishocks edit, he's always on the ball.

jac006 said:

well that showed all my hidden files except i still can't see my favorites links so i don't know wats up with that and the links are still hidden

spank_fusion said:
In Internet Explorer, go to View > Toolbars > Links. That should make it show up.

when i do that all that shows up is the word links at the side with no actual links and i don't even have the folder in my favorites, and the word links was always there anyway after all the files were hidden, this is probably unfixable and this is probably just another xp error

No, you just have to recreate the Links folder within the Favorites folder. Do that, and readd your links, and it should be fine.

spank_fusion said:
No, you just have to recreate the Links folder within the Favorites folder. Do that, and readd your links, and it should be fine.

this is getting ridiculous, i can't recreate the links folder because it says one already exists but it doesn't show it and if i create another folder well thats pointless because it won't show up on my toolbar

spank_fusion said:
Try a system restore.

don't got it turned on, oh well i guess this has to be an xp error, its stupid because i have reported a couple errors to micrsoft and they don't do jack about it

Back
Top Bottom