nintendo revoulution controller

Hehe, you can't say DVD's aren't as easy to scratch though, as they are. I've looked at DVD's after handling them very carefully, and just placing them inside the case and into a player, and after a few times, they do recieve scratches, which worries me.

Come on Blu-Ray, have some kind of case!!! (I've heard it was a case as a test model, yet they found a way of making it almost completly scratch resistant using a new type of material as the top layer)

I agree also that the controller isn't a revolution, yet, what would have been, really?...Not unless they had created some new technology behind closed doors.

Anyhow, I do believe that Sega saw the end, and I tihnk it was a good choice they went out at that point. I trusted Sega all the way through their life, and had a Megadrive, Saturn, and Dreamcast, and only the Megadrive proved great to me. (I still play the Dreamcast though)

The 360 controller looks promising also. Now what about the PS3's? :p Any more on that?

actually the mega drive was the first CD-enabled console with the Mega CD addon...

didn't stop it failing though.

Whilst the Xbox 360 controller does look good, it also does seem to be (essentially) a repackaged wireles PS2 controller, - the only thing that stopped it being a repackaged S-controller was the addition of bumber buttons as well as triggers...

Again I see no real innovation...
I never really said that the revolution controller wasa revolution, I said it was of revolutionary design, and had plenty of innovation... -or at least thats what I meant.

Well, actually, the megadrive was cartridge based for a while. Then an add-on came out to have it play cd's which they called the mega-CD, but that to my knowledge didn't sell that many.

l;ast word first sentance.. I did metion that it was an addon

Ah I read that, sorry... When listening to music, my mind doesn't register sometimes.

I think the Mega CD failed though, and I think soon after the megadrive got took over and it stopped being sold. Don't exactly know how.

Nintendo if you remember brought out alot of controllers for arlier systems, and accessories to make the console do more, yet they never suceeded either.

I think the tule of thumb is to make everything thats going to be on the system, available when it first comes out within the system. Thats the only time I think they'd be taken use of.

root said:
actually the mega drive was the first CD-enabled console with the Mega CD addon...

didn't stop it failing though.

Whilst the Xbox 360 controller does look good, it also does seem to be (essentially) a repackaged wireles PS2 controller, - the only thing that stopped it being a repackaged S-controller was the addition of bumber buttons as well as triggers...

Again I see no real innovation...
I never really said that the revolution controller wasa revolution, I said it was of revolutionary design, and had plenty of innovation... -or at least thats what I meant.

Because they wanted to have everything in a centralized position without having to over reach just to get those darn Start, Back, White or Black buttons pushed. Now you just reach above the triggers and press the shoulder button. I also like how they put the Start and Back in the middle, flanking the Xbox 360 Guide button. Another innovative thing is the "ring of light" surrounding the Guide button. Notice how they're in quadrants of four? Well each one lights up according to what controller you are. So if you're Controller 1, Quadrant 1 lights up, so on so forth. It also lights up and flashes if you get a incoming message or invite for a Xbox Live game or whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom