Any xbox modders?

ndsbass

Baseband Member
Anybody here mod xboxes? i modded mine awhile ago and its so sweet. theres so much you can do with it. and it teaches you a ton about computer stuff.

if your interested go to www.xbox-scene.com to learn more :)

for those of you who have no idea what im talking about heres a brief overview. you should try it youll like it

Why mod an xbox?
When ever a company produces a game microsoft sells them something called a signature that is included in the game file? and on the disc its self. this prevents people from running a burned xbox game as well as running any unsigned code. But this can be changed. theres a lot of great features of not having to run signed code including things like xbox media center, linux (thats right linux), windows 98 (very slow but still can be done) and hundreds of other homebrew apps including the ability to burn backups (dont pirate games please although it is possible) of your favorite games. the signature coding is done in the bios of the xbox itself and can therefore be changed. how is it done? through a mod chip or a soft mod/ tsop which i will not discuss here (basically no hardware)

What is a mod chip?
a mod chip is a flashable external bios chip that sits in the lpc port usually used for developers. Every xbox is manufactured with an lpc port on the mobo simply because it makes production and troubleshooting easier. The bios chip is flashable using a cd/ dvd or using your network. After if has been flashed it adds the ability to run unsinged code as well as use your xbox as an ftp server. FTP is the method used to transfer files to and from the xbox since the xbox itself runs on a different format (fatx) and cannot be used in a computer without another program running. but enough about the hdd. mod chips run anywhere from $15 to around $65 and have tons of accesories including new control panels and lcds.

So why should i do this?
Because its FUN. thousands of people do this (theres over 700 people active in the xbox-scene forum right now!) and it teaches you alot about computers. the biggest reason people love xbox modding is problably because of xbox media center. its absolutely amazing and has so many features its not even funny. some include network share (stream files and media), weather, xlink kai support, dvd play back support, customizable scripts for doing things included lauch music video and movie trailer online, rss news feed from any source, etc. etc. etc. its so good. so ya that was my soapbox speech i hope anyone who has an xbox will consider this cause its the coolest thing you can do with that black lump of plastic.

if you have any questions ask me ( i love to talk about modding) or go to xbox-scene

p.s.- if you think im a loser please keep it to yourself lol

I run linux on my box, i also make modded game for people on Xbox live. what kind of box are you running?

as in version? 1.6b xecuter 3. what about you? and how do you run modded content on live without getting banned?

i have a modded xbox. its really nice. Im not gonna try and mod the 360 tho. I wanna have the live without the worry

You'll probably have a hard time anyways. Microsoft is really doing A LOT to keep the 360 hack-proof (at least for a while, if not a LONG time).

Yea i cna play on LIVE and not get banned...trick is to mod your xbox without the mod chip so that why it looks legit when u log on.

softmod or tsop you mean?

I dont know to much about it but i know what it does basically.

My friend moded his psp he runs windows 98 and w.e on it -_- i cant even do this kinda stuff lol do you guys have like custom cases for your box?

?!?! Thread's old man!

Anyways, Really? Can he post a pic of his PSP?

Usually, Modidng cases is general, but your friend soft modded instead

Back
Top Bottom