New computer won't start

moondoggie

In Runtime
Hello, I assembled it all, and plugged it in and it fired up for about 2 seconds, beeped, and shut off. What should I do?

Unplug, Then Go Through All Of The Connections One At A Time. Maake Sure They Are All Secure And Safe.
Woz

Hmm. I had a problem like this, and it did exactly the same thing. Hopefully this is the issue as its simple.

Look for a connector coming off the power supply called the ATX 12V connector (A wide connector with a load of pins)

If there is a space for it on the motherboard, plug it in and it'll power up like nothing happened.

I hope this helps.

make sure that the reset wires from the front pannel are in the correct place, as well as all of the other pins from the front pannel.
woz

They are. I know everything is in the right place, I checked everything at least 10 times each. It's just not working.

I wouldnt doubt that you're current was set to either 225 and ur in the US or 115 and ur in EU. Make sure you're psu is set to the right voltage.
If this is the problem, you probably fried your psu.

what sorta beeps you getting, and which mobo is it ... using this we can decode the beeps

Back
Top Bottom