VGA TV Box

Weezix

Solid State Member
Hi.
I recently purchased a Gadmei TV3488E comboTV box with the intention of using it to connect games consoles through to play on my monitor. All seemed to be straight forward in setting it up, however I can get sound, but no picture, when running my PS2 through the AV channel. When I try to tune in the TV channels, my monitor comes up with the message "out of range". Something must be working as I can still access my desktop even though the box is connected. There isnt much in the troubleshooting of the manual, so I am unsure of the best way to get the box working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dale

Hmm, they had one of these for the Dreamcase which i got, but to tell the truth, I didn't use it much.

I guess the sound runs from a seperate port though which might be why your getting that, as it takes an external set of speakers from it.

The picture though, hmm...

Try taking out the connection to the computer for a minute, just leaving the one for the console. Does it work?

It could be though that its simply faulty, and might just need replacing and the next one will work for you.
Bit annoying I know, but it should be working.

I removed the computer connection, but no different.

The strange thing is, the tuning screen is blue, regardless of channel, however when I switch the console on the screen goes black, like the image is just about to come up.

Yeah, that is a bit weird.

It'd probably set up as a AVI channel, so when you turn it on, it should automatically switch to the right channel to play, yet it doesn't seem to be doing it correctly.

By any chance is there another monitor you can test it with?

I suspect its the box though thats the problem, and so, you shouldn't even be getting this problem...

I connected another monitor, and the box worked, so now I am really stumped.

The monitor that doesn't work with the box is a Digimate L-1715 TFT LCD Monitor, the one that does work with the box is a Samsung Syncmaster 753DFX Flatscreen, If thats any help atall.

Its no help at all mate... hehe.

Weird... How can a monitor have compatability problems like that?...hmm...I'm confused now...

So as far as your concerned, it should work, but it doesnt. could it be something to do with the brightness/contrast (I don't know why, just an idea)

Try it, but it would affect the PC also surely...

I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped on that one :(

Thats really quite annoying. Would it be worth trying another box with the monitor, just to see if it works?

Back
Top Bottom