wut to do about a keylogger

Half Evil

Golden Master
Hey i have another keylogger on my computer. I seriously need to kno how these are sent to me, so i can protect my self from them. I have McAfee virus scan and firewall, with the firewall on tight security, i also have ad-aware and spy-bot. but i thought that McAfee was supposed to prevent these, so anything that knows anything please throw some info my way. thanks.

What browser do u use? If u use IE then get Firefox, better security. And it has lots of cool stuff that IE doesn't.

U could also try some other firewalls like for example Zone alarm.

Or then just buy a router with a firewall coz those firewalls own.

Well i do use FireFox and sometimes Opera, and ill try the other firewall, and with my router i have a D link DI-514, so it should have a built in firewall right?

It seems to have some kind of firewall. Atleast my router has 2 firewalls, I think the other one is a NAT-firewall and it's always on. Then there is this port firewall, which I have found to be the best there can be. Access ur router and see if it has a port firewall, atleast I did have to turn it on manually, and configure it manually aswell.

If it has one then turn it on. Should get rid of ur problem.

ugh...well the problem is that the router isnt technicly ours, its our internet guys...http://www.rabbitmeadows.com/ thats his internet and anyway hes got the admin and password to the router and i dont. so.....i guess i should just download anohter firewall or.....?

ohh well that must suck :p

Give zone alarm a try, don't know if it will help or not but it won't hurt to try.

true, ok thanks alot. ima go try that and later today ill comeback and tell ya how it worked.

'Xoftspy' seems to get rid of keyloggers aswell of spyware. So I would recommend you to downloading that if you can. I think it costs but just download it off a p2p or something. Or you could search for files and folders from the start menu, search keylogger and when the files ome up delete and corrupt the files if you can.

Back
Top Bottom