which next gen console?

Mental Liberator said:
Why would you consider it stupid? Not only is that a illogical statement, you obviously aren't a fan of the Square soft or Enix games. Which if you aren't, your life is mediocre at most.

And why are you so uptight? Chill dude...I was kidding. I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games, so I can't say that I'm not a fan. Oh, so my life is mediocre? So the generalization these days is that you have to LOVE Final Fantasy game in order to have a above average life? Please, spare me the crap. :rolleyes:

PS3 because I've stayed true to the PS series since 95 when the first one released. But the other systems look great too.

Probably the revolution...

I have all three (xbox / playstation2 / gamecube) at the moment and I'd say that the order of use is gamecube / xbox / PS2, infact I'd even go as far as to say that the only reason the PS2 even got plugged in is so that it could be used a a DVD player...

I think the X-BOX 360, being released soon will have a major hold on the market, and I think will be a very good console.

The Playstation 3 though when released does have the same amount of features, and so this might hold the edge, since playstation owners will aim for this, and it should be slightly more powerful than the X-Box 360. Not really in graphics though, but in raw performance, which may allow more to be going on at once in terms of physics, etc, which i think will play a big part.

For the moment, the Revolution with no idea of the hardware or specs hasn't really been hinted on the mind yet, as to if it'll beat either one of the above.

The X-Box 360 and PS3 though will be competive, and I'm sure none will fail, but we'll see if one comes out better in the near future :) I mean, the PS3 has more processor power, but will developers be able to take use of all of it?

One thing that lets consoles down is the RAM factor... why don't these have more? They'll still be forced slightly down because of this, and might stop some developers getting what they want over the PC.

PC over Console:

I do play PC games as well so this isn't biased, but there are times in which I like to sit down in the living room and play games on the TV, especially since a load of people share the PC and so you don't get as much time on it as you'd like, and so, consoles are the next best choice as these may be just yours.
Plus, I tend to get distracted when on the PC to doing other things other than gaming.

The 360 looks real good, I'll probably stick with my pc though. I bought a ps2 and hardly used it, I think you grow out of them really

Mental Liberator said:
Why would you consider it stupid? Not only is that a illogical statement, you obviously aren't a fan of the Square soft or Enix games. Which if you aren't, your life is mediocre at most.

Now there's a logical fallicy. That's bifurcation right there. Generally, this term is used to refer to the splitting of a security into two separate pieces for the purpose of complex taxation advantages. However, it is also used to describe two divergent conditions when analyzing or evaluating market situations. and here to say that you're either a fan of unix or square soft or you're not... haha... what a conclusion...

I think the PS3 will sell the most, simply because Sony and the PlayStation are such household names that almost everyone's heard of it. However, I think that the Xbox 360 will really be comptitive this generation and really give the PS3 a hard time. Microsoft's been really working hard at it and that =good :D

http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/index_f.html

enix games, well the tittles that are advertised on their site include Kingdom of hearts, - mediocre at best.
and final fantasy titles, which (aside from stunning graphics) are really just relying on a hard core of people that have been playing them since the first FF game...)

as for square soft? you can't be a fan of Enix games of Square soft games, you have to be a fan of both (square Enix as the company is now known)...

enix, get a large Yawn from me...

I don't feel my life is missing anything, or noly mediocre simply because I decide that some titles are a little crappy, Certainly EA has given me far more pleasure with burn out, battle field (etc etc0 that square Enix ever gave me... Guess what, they also develop for all consoles, and have no 'prefered' console advertised as Square enix say
Square Europe. SquareSoft - the makers of the highly acclaimed Final Fantasy series of games for the Sony PlayStation games console.

alvino said:
I think the PS3 will sell the most, simply because Sony and the PlayStation are such household names that almost everyone's heard of it.

Though don't forget that Microsoft is also rather a household name in terms of computing, that everyones heard of them. I haven't gone up to one person (Not that I do) and asked them what Microsoft is, and they've had no clue, so they must be rather popular.

I do think they'll both do well though, and I think for a long time, they'll both be doing as well as each other. I don't think we'll see much of a competition in terms of whos going to win. As I don't think any will, liek knock one out for example.
They'll just battle it out for the best games I'd imagine from publishers, though it seems that the consoles are both getting a wide selection of games from the same publisher and so we are more likely to see the same game on both, which can't be a bad thing.

I mean, I won't be able to afford both! :p

Back
Top Bottom