My computer won't start

kohadr

Beta member
Hi guys. I need your help. When I turn my computer on, the power supply and the processor fans will turn once and then quit. Then, there's no power anywhere.

I bought a new 350W power supply thinking that that was the problem, but it wasn't. I don't know this computer. It is my nephew's. All I know is that the motherboard is a K7SOM+ V7.5C and it seem that it has all functions integrated in it, except the network card. It has one DVD burner and one CD rom, a floppy and, of course, the hard disk. I'm told that the OP is WIN XP.

I have read that taking the battery off for a few minutes and/or changing the jumpers so that the cmos is reset can help, but it hasn't.

So, anyone have any more ideas for me? I appreciate any help you can give me. My nephew is been on my back almost every day :)

make sure that the power is off at the source. then take the inspection pannel off. now make sure all conectors and devices are correctly fitted.
you may have something in your set up that is not connected properly. make sure you dont get a static discharge while you do this.
on the other hand it could be a fault on your motherboard. i had a similiar problem, which was only rectified when i changed the motherboard.
woz

Did you install this motherboard yourself? IF so, check the Power SW cable (a TINY cable that is near the lower right of the motherboard) and ensure it is properly inserted. Also ensure that the ATX 20 pin connector is inserted fully and the RAIL for the processor is all inserted (4 pin square molex for an AMD and 8 pin rectangle for a Pentium) near the processor.

Thank you wozelbeak and Opteronix. I took the inspection pannel off. and made sure all conectors and devices are correctly connected (nothing odd there).

The power switch cable and the 20 pins connector are correctly inserted. I'm not sure what do you mean with "the rail for the processor is all inserted". I don't have a 4 pin square molex near the processor.

Please, keep those ideas coming. Thanks!

i reckon your motherboard could be screwed! you need to do a proscess of elimination. try all of your parts in a nother p.c if you can. can you see if the motherboard has a light on it when you leave the power on? my mobo leaves a green light on when it is powered up.
woz

Back
Top Bottom