first time build....

$800 is not bad for that system you're building. My specs are similar to yours but I manage to pull $1200 for mine. At the time, the Athlon 64's were hot and expensive.

Yeah...and the moral of the story is: Patience is the KEY to saving that damn money! Haha...

True... but by the time you wait for the price to drop, new CPUs, video cards, etc. are already out. Man I hate that.

I think we are all due for a new overhaul on our old machines. I figured my Athlon 64 3500+, Corsair XMS, and 6600GT is due. The Geil ONE RAM is faster. The 7800GTX is faster with more RAM. The CPU is well, way better with dual core technology. I've got an ancient system. Time to put this baby in the museum...

Nah. Just because it's older, doesn't mean it sucks...if you think like that, you're just gonna keep spending an endless amount of money.

I guess it's because I need two desktop systems that's why I'm thinking about all those parts.

Hey, check out this badass case. Antec's clear case. It's a MiniTower ATX case. I think it's a smaller case, but an ATX motherboard will fit in it very nicely.

Antec SUPER LANBOY Silver anodized aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129145

What do you think about this one? Looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom