nVidea Geforce 6600gt

i was gnna get that card for my other old pc is it that good? i was thinking evga or xfx what u guys think?

I think all the 6600GT's are the same just some manufacturers clock them higher and some use DDR instead of GDDR3. BFG makes powerful video cards too. I would get a BFG one, a 7800GTX that is, haha.

TRDCorolla said:
Did you overclock your card?

nah, it just sucks. I'm going to try and refund it and get a 6800. I'm going to tell them it caused me pain and suffering and I want a better card or I won't buy them anymore. lol

Yeah, I would do the same. But oc'ing is only good if you don't melt your gpu. and if your cooling is adequate enough. and if you know how to period...

I also heard alot of people saying the new drivers suck, and you have to go back like 3 driver updates to not get artifacts.

Haha, BFG Tech is one of the best brands ever. One time, my 6800 NU died (which resulted in me using my old nVIDIA Riva TNT-2 :p) I emailed them about the problem, and they replied within 10 minutes. I sent it in, got it back and it's all good now. I'm very impressed.

Im gonna be using a zalman hs/f on the 6600gt, from the benchmarks I've seen most people using the pny version get like 600/1250. Not too shaby.

Right now w/o OC'ing it I can run doom 3 on ultra @ 1120 x W/E resolution and get an avg of 40+ fps.

Back
Top Bottom