sick of fans...

feircepc the one u suggested looks pretty cool and i can add a vga block so thats great but it looks like it wont fit cause my graphics card is pretty big....what graphics card do u have and does it fit ok?

gaming_freak said:
i know it says that but i read some reviews on it and they say it does and is there such a thing as socket 940?

Yes. It was originally designed for the Athlon FX-51 and Opteron series. It required Registered ECC RAM, which was expensive and slow (but stable, therefore great for servers). Then AMD dropped it from the Athlon FX line (and had it use Socket 939), and continued it with the Opteron series. If I'm not mistaken, the Opteron series uses the Socket 939 AND Socket 940 (although the Socket 940 processors are older cores).

i got dual 7800gtxs and from what i have expereince it fits fine. its just right on top of the card. i like it keeps everything cool and i suggest u get that one. the 7800gtx is pretty big so i guess it should fit. its nto really that big and if it is all u do is flip it out and u can still run the hoses. its a nice cooling system.

Back
Top Bottom