Need Help ASAP

c_323_h

Beta member
hi everyone, i'm having a major problem with IE. I cant seem to download anything. No upgrades, .pdf, .doc. etc. NOTHING. when i try to download, IE gives me the following message:

The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later

Ive already enable "Do not save encrypted messages to disk" but this doesn't work. I need to fix this ASAP because I cant download work I need.

let me explain what happened. i was reading a pdf document but left for a short time. when i came back, blank windows of the pdf started popping up everywhere non-stop. kind of like pop ups, but blank. i wasn't able to close any of them because they were popping up very fast. so i turned to computer off by holding down the power button ( i didn't go throught start, shutdown). i logged back on and i unistalled it thinking it was the Acrobat reader, but when i tried to install again i wasn't able to. then i discovered i couldn't download .doc or .wmv files either. i hope this makes sense. thanks a lot for the suggestion though. anybody have any idea what this could be?

Thanks for everyone's help.

try reinstalling IE, do spyware scans and scan for viruses. that pop up problem sounds like it might be spyware or a virus. after you do that, switch to firefox, you'll be glad you did

Reinstall IE:

Insert the Windows XP CD in your CD drive. Open Start button then click on Run and type:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

(copy and paste that) then press enter afterwards.

am i drunk? this is the third thread that was posted today and 2/3 days ago ..... am i durnk, dreamin, or confuzzed?

Back
Top Bottom