computer help please

whillow

Beta member
Hi, I have a computer that is a year and a half old, I have had no issues with it.
this weekend we networked it with a lap top in once room and my daughters computer in another.
until that the computer was running fine.
Now, durring surfing and typing emails my system is locking up, and the screen goes black, unpon taping the keyboard or moving the mouse everything goes back to normal.

I am not sure that the networking is causing this problem. the main computer is xp as is the laptop, and the other one is 98.
they share a modem through a router, I really dont need them to be networked if this is causing the problem. In fact the most i would use it for is printing.

Any ideas,
I have run 3 virus scans using 3 different programs, I have run adaware, spybot and msn antispyware
I have no fire wall on. it was on prior to networking could turning it off do this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sue

Hmmm i had a problem like this but my system would freeze, when i networked my 98 PC to my network with all XP's it caused my XP running PC to freeze up at random time fior some reason.. once i removed the 98 PC from the network it was all fine. I would try removing the 98 PC from the network and see how it works.

Sorry if that hard to unserstand its late here lol

Thanks.. I gotcha, I will remove the 98 from the network tomorrow and cross my fingers that it is the problem. I am getting fairly annoyed fairly quickly here.

Back
Top Bottom