barebones kit

maanico1

In Runtime
im trying to put together a desktop of my own (pray for me), im doing all kinds of research for the best possible options... i ran across a barebones kit, what exactly is it...what parts is it missing usually? is this good or would i be better off just doing it from scratch? any tips btw?

Most barebones kits come with a case and motherboard. Some might have other parts, but that's usually it.

well that motherboard only has AGP which is getting a little old(try for pci-express) and that motherboard is socket 478, if you want an intel then you should get a socket 775. Also that copmuter only has 2 dimm slots, which is okay but if you want to keep this a while you should get one with 4 dimm slots so you have more room to upgrade.

EDIT:
Here's a nice one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856110036

i have to admit, im kind of a sucker for neons and stuff... is there any suggestions for something with all those features pci-express, the right sockets, and dimms... thanks for all the suggestions

PCI-e interface utilizes modern high performance video cards. Make sure the video card specifically states that it's used for PCI-e. Dimms are common memory interface. Intel use DDR and DDR2 while AMD currently use DDR, but DDR2 is coming for AMD compatibility. The more Dimm slots, the more RAM you can upgrade. Plus, new chipsets support dual channel memory support for better performance.

Back
Top Bottom