AMD athlon 64 4000+ or an FX55?

I really feel Fisher's going for a performance CPU if he's asking for an FX CPU or an Athlon 4000+. I mean the price for the 4000+ is around $370 while the X2 is almost the same price, maybe $10-$20 more. For that price, an X2 is right up there with the best. Just the added advantage of dual core.

Well, it all depends on his budget. If it allows, then yes, but if not, then no.

Athlon X2 3800+
Default Clock Speed : 2.0GHz

Old member from here (mempf) OCed his to 2.8 Stable....talk about a nice OC.

if i were u wait a little longer. then u can get a fx 57 and then wait some more and get a really good cooling system like water cooling and over clock that sweet fx57 to a monstrsity 3.6ghz that would be insane for gaming. literaly.

well the cpu i want is for gaming, i have a x850xt but a athlon 64 3000+ to go with it. i need a new cpu badly but i have a £1250 overdraft to pay off and a £4000 student loan to follow that in the decades to come. so my budget is a little tight but still flexible. this is why i was looking at the 4000+ compared to the fx55, ive looked at dual cores compared to a fx55 and decided the fx55 was much btter for gamin at the moment (even though i heard they are bringing out a farcry version made for dual core gaming)

i could extend my budget to a fx55 but i really dont want to, this is why i posted this forum asking about whether the performance difference between the two was as big as the price difference. bare in mind that im not going to OC as i have little experince wiht it and i cant afford to replace anything if it does badly wrong

thanks for all yours replies as well

lol u need good cooling. with good cooling u can overclock till you hit the moon for crying out loud. i just got some cash and put two super pcs together and bang they play hl2 halo and return to castle wolfenstein at highest settings possilbe with no lag wat soever. i can also launch like three games at once and have them running with no lag. its absoletely amazing.

Er, actually you can't overclock forever, even if you have liquid nitrogen. The CPU's architecture can only go so far before locking up, no matter how cold it is.

Back
Top Bottom