Network Question?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

At the moment i have 2 computers networked together (mainly so that i can access the internet as well as the person on the other computer) and was wondering if from my computer, could log onto a user account in which is on the other computer? I am wanting this as people using the other computer sometimes use this one and want their settings instead of having 2 different accounts. Is this possible, if so, how?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking-you in advance,

Matt

if you were to setup a server you could but i don't think with a basic network that this can be acomblished.

todd333 said:
Depends on the Operating System hes using

insightful there todd

Original thread poster already has indicated the advice given prior to yours was enough to solve his issue.

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Professional SP2, is it possible to do it normally, and can i set up a server with 2 computers?

Thanking you,

Matt

todd333,

to answer your question: if client machines are Windows based and the server is Linux based ... then YES ... as long as Samba is installed and roaming profiles are used.

From reading the initial post ... I assumed (correctly, I should add) that matty was using a Windows OS on both pc's in question. Dishdog appeared to answer the question satisfactorily as indicated by Matty's response.

To jump in with "Depends on the Operating System he's using" then not go into a little detail ... just doesnt seem very helpful. Perhaps if you had mentioned the use of Roaming Profiles might solve his issue in Windows, but that the option likely isnt available in Linux based OS's ... could have been a little more useful.

wow, with all that knowledge, you could have answered this guy's question a long time ago, I wonder why you did'nt

cause when I look at posts I check to see if the question(s) by a poster have been answered or not ... usually the response from the original poster offers a clue. No sense in adding frivilous, trivial blather or useless garbage todd to boost post count ... especially on threads 6 months old.
Regarding "all that knowledge" you state I have ... you asked me a direct question ... I gave a direct answer. Dont be a hater.

Back
Top Bottom