Arrgggg! Lost Bios!

GRRRR

Solid State Member
I flashed the bios on my msi K8N NEO2 plat (different bios that would allow over 300FSB!) now it won't start at all. I looked on msi's website and found this:

BIOS Recovery Feature

For Award BIOS
1. Make a bootable floopy disk
2. Copy the Award flash utility & BIOS file to the said floppy disk.
3. Create an autoexec.bat with "awdfl535 biosfilename" in the content e.g. awadfl535 a619mj21.bin
4. Boot up system with the said floppy (it will take less than 2 minutes before screen comes out)
5. Re-flash the BIOS & reboot.

firstly, is the bios recoverable? I tried the above and it didn't seem to do anything (I don't see how it could work)

secondly, does anyone know were I can buy a replacement bios for this board? (I am not buying a new mobo)

Thirdly, does anyone no of a bios for this board that will go over 300fsb? (that works)

any help would be much appreciated,

thanks!

so you have no BIOS right now. this is just an educated guess but i don't think you can recover them because without your BIOS none of your hardware should work. so basically your floppy drive and cd drive are useless. so you have no input devices to fix your BIOS.

Well as the bios is scrambled or gone you have an exspensive door prop.
The odds of screwing up a flash far outweigh the value.
Let me ask you though, Was the bios you were trying to install for that board?
Oh and the bios doesn't govern the fsb speed. The cpu does...

The bios was made for the board but not made by msi, the cpu and mobo are both cabable of going over 300mhz (I know other people who have done this, with a different bios) the board was built for overclocking (and I have a water cooling setup)

Well as the bios is scrambled or gone you have an exspensive door prop.

thats what I thought, but I know some newer mobo's have crash free bios's

anyway, does anyone know where I can get a replacement bios chip and how much they cost?

never install a bios that the company didnt make for their product...thats just dumb in my opinion.

Your board is still ready to work... The BIOS will work with the model you flashed the BIOS with.

To make your Mobo work again, you need to buy a new BIOS from the company.and there you will have all your stuff working again. Also, it will be the latest BIOS update for your odel, so...DON"T FLASH AGAIN!

Back
Top Bottom