cd drive will not load disks

lyn1261

Beta member
a few days ago my computer had stopped working. everytime i would start the computer up it would freeze when it got to the windows screen. i was unable to open any program. i couldnt even open the start up menu. i was going to use a windows disk to reformat the entire computer and just start it out new, however when i put the disk into the drive, it would not load. since im unable to click on anything in windows, i couldnt run it. How would i go about getting the disk to run?

thanks in advanced

Thank you. Now not to sound like an idiot but how exactly do i get it to show the bios? what do i have to hit during start up?

yeah as soon as you hit the powerburron you will see a memory test screen - somtimes the manufactos logo
neer the bottom it will say somting like "press F1 to enter bios"

lyn1261 said:
Thank you. Now not to sound like an idiot but how exactly do i get it to show the bios? what do i have to hit during start up?
As you do not say what type of computer whether custom built or mass produced like Dell. I will go for the most common method (custom built) of getting into the BIOS on booting up, keep pressing the Delete key till the BIOS screen opens.

i have a Dell and was able to figure it out by pressing f2. I was running the setup and while it was performing the copying of files i recieved a message for many of the files. It said: "System can not copy file...." and than gave the name of the file. I had the option to retry, skip the file, oe exit the setup. I retried and was unable to get them to copy, so i skipped them. When the setup finally finished and the computer was restarted windows began to load then said it was unable to because it was missing files. Why did this occur? and is there anyway i can fix it?

Back
Top Bottom